Saturday, December 15, 2012

Productive day

We are finally full time residents at the beach, apart from my week day commute to the CBD.  It has been a hectic 15 months, selling my house, the bach, combining the contents (for the seond time in our relationship!)and now finally selling his house in Wilton and all the work that had gone with preparing properties for sale and selling them.

Whilst there is still plenty of clutter to sort and find homes for we are here and that is great.  Already I have had a productive day and Sooziesuzy is back on track to sew and cook and garden.

This morning we went the Bernina shop in Raumati and ordered my new machine.  My Bernina 830 that I bought in 1975 for $375 has served me well but I am keen to have some of the whistles and bells of a later model. It should be able to be picked up on Tuesday.  I am very spoilt to receive such a special gift.

And I have just mixed a brew of gluten free flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, rice flour, xanthan and guar gums.  The pictures in the two new cook books I received this week look fabulous so am hopeful the recipes will bear tasty food.  I baked a date loaf using the flour mix and it is cooling.  I am still battling this oven, a thermometer says the oven temperature is perfect but it cooks so unevenly.  My preference is fan bake but I may try some baking without the fan.  The photo makes the loaf look as though the edges are burnt, they are not but the it is definitely a different colour to the recipe book.

 
 Time to find the Christmas tree and decorations and get a teeny tiny bit festive.



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finally being settled. When we sell our other house I will finally start to breathe easy. What Bernina model are you getting? So exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds etc etc ... bought Katie a Bernina for xmas too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been given the Bernina 550, Quilters Edition,

    ReplyDelete