Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve

When I lived in Nelson I thought much over 25C was a bit hot for me, so this afternoon when I got in from work and found it was 30C on our deck I was wondering how I would manage this lovely climate.  My partner announced we could use the heat pump to cool.  Such a wonderful device, I may even end up sleeping in the sitting room, would save trying to create a draught but only succeeding in creating open home for the mosquitos.

Before dinner, after wine o'clock, we wandered down to the beach.  At seven there was not a breath of wind, the sea calm and warm.  Paddling was so much fun.  I may have to consider breaking the rule of my recent lifetime and get a swimsuit.

My daughter is having a white Christmas, even though Christmas not the same deal in Japan as here.  She said the official temperture was 1C but she said it felt like 7 or 8C.

The view from her home this morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment