Saturday, April 17, 2021

And before you know it, it is Saturday again!

During the last 18 months when I was "not working, not retired" then suddenly "retired" (due to illness) the weekdays and weekends melded together.  Sometimes I needed to see the neighbours' rubbish or recycling bins out on Sunday night to realise the next day would be Monday or have the kids organise to come from town to stay, to be in tune with which day it was.

The last two weeks have been quite different with travelling to town for radiation.  It was blissful this morning to wake and realise it is Saturday.  That feeling of knowing there are two days when I can stay home, sew or knit or read or garden, (raining so now unlikely) without interruption.  No radiation for two days, no 2 to 2.5 hours driving (traffic dependent) for a five minute appointment.  (it takes longer to get changed in and out of the gown and the bed adjusted than the 6 zaps of radiation take)

During my working life weekends were often crazy, kids, housework, supermarket, garden, mending, however, they were pretty much in my control and looked forward to. Clearly after treatment I need a scheme to reclaim the specialness of a weekend.



1 comment:

  1. I hope you are doing well since this last post, Sue. Hopefully your treatments have ended. ♥

    ReplyDelete