Thursday, April 1, 2021

A New Year

The last 25 years of my working life, when I was at the height of my career,  I always thought of 1 April as being the start of the new year.  The time for new budgets, reviews of the previous year's business, accounts and much more. I transferred that to my personal life, less about resolutions more about action!

This year should be no different but it certainly is.  Day four of radiation was completed today, and if anything is going to shock you into thinking about the new year and life it is cancer.  It has been a long journey since the diagnosis last year.

Each day of this journey I have made sure I complete a positive task. It is easy to slip back to too much surfing or phone scrolling.

Today I started the double crochet rows on the small blanket I started last August when I was ill with shingles.  I planned to finish it and store it for a gift, however, I will be a grandmother in a couple of months so it needs to be finished😀  I had been given a Nancy's voucher when I left work and as I really needed no more fabric (Unless I know specifically what I want, I try to restrain myself!) so I bought the most gorgeous fine yarn, 50 percent wool and 50 percent mohair.  It is beautiful to work with and not at all "over" fluffy like the ghastly mohairs I had worked with in the past. (probably in the 1980s!)


It is a long time since I worked with Blogger, hopefully this post works! 

2 comments:

  1. It did indeed work, and I hope the chemo works as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just radiation. In consultation we decided against chemo.

      Delete