Wednesday, January 2, 2013

January 2nd

Another wild windy day at the beach.  Our visitors were keen to swim but while not cold the sea is being whipped up into a mass of white caps, not swimming weather.

I took the overseas visitors to Lindale Animal Park, which I thought had closed as the huge sign on the motorway advertising what is at Lindale makes no mention of the park.  Apparently it had closed for a time but has been operating the last two and a half years.

Many times in the past we had taken Japanese students to visit as they are always very keen to pet sheep, something your average Kiwi has no interest in beyond about age 10.  Our Japanese visitor was delighted with the experience.
Chris's chef son cooked dinner last night.  He made us a fabulous curry.
Which reminds me I need to learn about food photography!

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear. I'd be a sheep petter too! lol

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me some advice about orms' living temperature. I was a bit worried it might be too hot for them where they are so will monitor carefully.
    I have some grey hair I can try mine out on, hehe.

    ReplyDelete