Sunday, April 29, 2012

Weeding and planting...

Look what I found hiding beside the silver thyme....
Emily, the cat who used to live here, but lives next door now had been playing with a mouse yesterday and I suspect this was the same one.  Chris was able to dispose of it easily.

Today I planted drunken women lettuce, an Italian heirloom one with bright green leaves and frizzy bronze edges,  (some speculation on how this name came about!), some spinanch and also purple sprouting broccoli.  We had some from my aunt's garden last year and it was a delicious change from our usual broccoli fare.


1 comment:

  1. What a sweet looking little mouse! Oh my goodness I love the sounds of that lettuce - drunken woman lettuce, ha ha - must plant some in my own garden if only for the name! Thanks for popping by my blog hon, its been fun discovering yours too. Happy gardening! Becks xxx

    ReplyDelete