Saturday, May 31, 2014

Finally a blog and some cushions.

Finally some cushions to brighten up the window seat corner of the dining room using the Cuzco line from Kate Spain.  I had bought a jelly roll on a whim with no idea how I would this fabric.

The longer cushion is made in the quilt as you go method.  Of course making such non standard sizes meant I had to make and stuff the inners. And as I am on a "use up stash" drive and the calico stash is gone I made use of the fabric below that is not me at all. (it is a mystery now it came to be in my stash even)
The cushions are backed with pale blue denim, left from the days of dressmaking, so I felt most satisfied at no further expenditure being required.

Today the weather is so gorgeous I think it is time to spread the free contents of the bags below:-)

2 comments:

  1. Ooh just love those cushions, the one with crosses is on my list, just love the colours. The free contents will be good for the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crosses seem to in vogue on patchwork at the moment and were fun to try. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete